Why Choose the New African Credit Union
The invitation to each and every citizen of Trinidad and Tobago and the diaspora, to join the African Association Credit Union of Trinidad & Tobago (AACTT) is timely, being in harmony with the United Nations declaration that the years 2015 – 2024 is “The International Decade for People of African Descent”. Our team at the Credit Union identifies with the international community in recognizing that people of African descent represent a distinct group whose human rights must be promoted and protected.
To complement this declaration our credit union’s Product and services will guarantee our members an EPIC Experience.
E – Economic Empowerment
P – Professional and Personalized Service
I – International Best Practices
C- Cooperative Culture Tradition
- Financial Advisory (CFP, MFA)
- Business Advisory
- Low interest Loans
- Competitive rates on Savings and Investments
- Access to loans to build shares
- Education – Financial Literacy
Membership Application Process
Complete the Application membership form and submit the following documents:
- Proof of address must carry the applicant’s name (i.e. Utility Bill or Bank Statement) N.B. If the utility bill is not in the applicant’s name, written consent and valid identification are required from the bill owner to use the bill.
- Two (2) forms of ID
- Joint partner’s/Beneficiary’s Valid Identification (i.e. National Identification Card, Driver’s Permit, Passport). Joint Partner ( minimum age 14 years ) must be a member of African Association Credit Union.
- Proof of Employment/Income (Job letter/Payslip, Pension Statement).
- Passport size photo of Applicant
- Applicable to foreigners/ non-residents only – A reference letter is required as conformation/evidence of prospective member’s relationship with their foreign bank. (Legal requirement)
- Parent’s wishing to join their children in the Credit Union must be a member of the New African Association Credit Union.
- Twenty dollars($20.00 TT) registration Fee and a minimum purchase of five (5) shares valued at $20.00TT each totalling $120.00. All cheques should be made payable to : The African Association of Trinidad and Tobago Credit Union.
A Source Of Funds Document must be completed for Deposits over Ten Thousand Dollars TT ($10,000.00)